Friday, December 30, 2005

Various RIS Notes

I have decided to use RISETUP images for deployment with RIS instead of using RIPREP images. I did this because I want more flexibility to install on any hardware and because I want to be able to enter the CD key on install where required.

To install apps after the initial deployment you should create a directory:

RemoteInstall\Setup\Language\Images\ImageName\$OEM$\$1\Applications

Put install files in the above directory. Then you can call the apps either from Cmdlines.txt or from [GuiRunOnce] if using MSIs.

You can use different answer files to create different images from the same setup files. Answer files live in the following location:

RemoteInstall\Setup\Language\Images\ImageName\I386\Templates
For info about answer file syntax look in the Deploy.cab file from the support tools. Look in the Reference section under "unattend.txt" (ensure ref.chm and deploy.chm are in the same folder).

I will next look into what extra drivers I may require and what apps I want to deploy.

Then I will begin customizing the CIW to prompt for more info about each install.

For lots more info see the deployment kit here: Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home