Saturday, September 02, 2006

Burning DVDs and ISOs on Windows Vista

Well, with the release of the RC-1 build of Vista, I thought I should get it installed ASAP!

 

However, at this point I hit a small glitch...

...My DVD Burner was in a machine which is currently running Vista 5536 (the Pre RC-1 build). So how to burn the new ISO of the RC-1 build. Well at first I hoped that the Nero Express software which was on the machine before the Vista upgrade would work. It didn't! and neither did it work in compatability mode!

So then what? It would have been nice if I could have just right clicked the ISO and selected burn to DVD. That really would have been a great new feature, but again, no!

So then web searching began and I installed a variety of demo and free products none of which worked until I got to this one:

 

ImgBurn:

http://www.imgburn.com/

 

Installed, worked and now loading RC-1.

Cheers

Nathan

1 Comments:

At 4:38 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Nathan,

you REALLY should have read my blog - The BEST ISO creation tool is the one Microsoft themselves use - see here:

http://www.gdwnet.com/blog/2006/07/final-set-of-iso-woes.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home