Thursday, November 02, 2006

More time sync problems!

Hi, it has been a while since my last post. Still here is a new one.

 

As some will know I recently had an article published on the TechNet insiders pages about W32TM and Timesync in general.

 

For a download of the article see MMMUG downloads.

http://www.mmmug.co.uk/files/default.aspx

 

Anyhow, a few days ago I had yet more problems with w32tm and thought that I would share them with you.

It started when I discovered that lots of the workstations time were a couple of hours out!

Not good....

 

So I tried to force resync running

w32tm /resync /rediscover

 

It errored with the No Time Data available error.

Most annoying.

So after a fair amount of prodding. I discovered that as the PDCe had not been receiving time properly. It had therefore decided to stop providing time to everyone else.

So to rectify this problem. I wiped out the configuration of w32time service and reconfigured it. Having done this I was able to syncronise again.

This complete the workstations started syncing again and time began to get back to normal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home