Thursday, June 22, 2006

How to change display names of Active Directory users

I came across this KB article on how to change the display name in AD whilst trying to solve an integration issue on a forum I frequent (often!!)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/250455/en-us

The idea is that you can use ADSIEdit to set the properties of the relevant locale under the configuration container so that you can have the full name and display name fields to the required format such as

lastname, firstname

or maybe lastname, firstinitial

One thing to bare in mind is that there isn't a locale in this area for UK English so make the settings under the 409 section as mentioned in the KB article.

2 Comments:

At 8:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nathan,

Can this be used to change lastname,firstname as it appears in Outlook address book for everyone?

Aidan F aka Joe Elway.

 
At 2:56 pm, Blogger Nathan Winters said...

Hi Aiden,
To be honest I am not sure. I could do with investigating it and will add it to my list!
My hunch is that perhaps it doesn't but we will see.
Cheers
Nathan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home